All requests for support should demonstrate a clear tie to the organization’s ability to assist the Greater High Point community achieve better health. Organizations’ programs that align with strategic initiatives will be strongly considered.
The Foundation generally makes grants to two types of organizations:
- Non-profit organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3)
- Public agencies, including state and local governments
New or emerging organizations without 501(c)(3) status are permitted to apply through a tax-exempt organization serving as fiscal sponsor. If you have any questions about your organization’s eligibility, please do not hesitate to contact the Foundation.
The Foundation will not consider grant requests to support the following:
- Medical research, transportation, and housing services
- Direct benefits for client/constituent services or the organization exclusively
- Scholarships to individuals, fundraisers, dinners, or faith-based organizations for religious purposes
- Supplantation or substitutes for existing funding
- Activities that exclusively benefit the members of sectarian or religious organizations
- Partisan political programs or voter registration efforts
- For-profit organizations
- Organizations with previous past due or incomplete grant reports and/or required grant objectives
Indirect Costs Policy:
It is the Foundation for a Healthy High Point’s policy to not pay indirect costs on any proposal. In such grant proposals, necessary administrative costs related to the request can be built into direct costs of the proposal, but the Foundation will generally not accept institutional infrastructure costs included with the budget. The Foundation reviews each budget individually for the appropriateness of the direct costs requested.
Public Support Test for Charitable Organizations:
The Foundation encourages all applicants and grantees with a public support test requirement to ensure grant support from the Foundation will not cause the organization to lose its status as a publicly supported charity. For more information about tipping and Public Support Test, please click here.