Part-Time Project Manager and Coordinator
The part-time Project Manager/Coordinator plays a key role in the Foundation by directly managing and implementing administrative projects and supporting our team and strategic partners in keeping projects moving forward. The successful candidate will be highly organized, an excellent communicator, and enjoy working in multiple content areas simultaneously, constantly learning and applying a versatile skillset. Examples of work include researching topics, preparing presentations, leading project team meetings, creating and generating internal reports, and collecting, tracking, and analyzing operational data. Other responsibilities include backup support for back-office functions. The Project Manager reports to the Executive Director and will work three days a week. Salary based upon experience.
- Oversee, coordinate, lead, and serve as the primary point person for administrative projects assigned.
- Assists with identifying project scope of work; develops timelines; utilizes and implements project tracking tools and documentation; applies appropriate strategies and methods to ensure project success.
- Develops, implements, and monitors project budgets; solicits vendors and consultants for outsourced work.
- Reviews and assists in drafting agreements with external vendors and strategic partners. Oversee special projects and outsourced work agreements. Provides support in procurement, including negotiation with consultants and vendors
- Creates reports and presentations related to assigned projects
- Cross-trains and serves as a backup for certain back-office activities and functions, such as bookkeeping, regulatory compliance, IT management, record keeping, budgeting, procurement, etc.
- Use of online grants management system to develop reports and participate in Funded Partner and Strategic Partner reviews and performance assessments.
- Supports the creation of electronic and print communications; participates in drafting internal and external communications documents related to the Foundation’s goals and missions.
- Assists with maintaining and updating the Foundation website related to specific projects.
- Participates in reviewing, drafting, and implementing internal policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required to support Foundation responsibilities
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Nonprofit or foundation experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to express ideas concisely and clearly
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Maintains a high degree of privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and complete multiple project assignments
- Willing to accept changes in priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a small office environment
- Flexibility and willingness to take direction
- Demonstrated ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with diverse populations
- Performs job requirements efficiently and orderly
- Personal and professional integrity, pleasant attitude, self-motivated, service-oriented approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools
Required education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or related fields
- Five years of increasingly responsible administrative experience
The ideal candidate will be a creative, energetic self-starter who is detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and able to prioritize, multitask, and manage time wisely. They will have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, be able to work effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures, be a team player working with other Foundation personnel, and have the ability to maintain a good sense of humor and perspective. The candidate will have specified computer and software proficiency and be familiar with the operation of essential office equipment. They will reflect integrity and maturity in carrying out responsibilities and representing the Foundation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter