The Foundation for a Healthy High Point’s Strategic Direction 2022 broadens the lens through which the Foundation engages with the community as we take a more upstream approach to improving health outcomes. Through these specific avenues of engagement and investment, we believe that we can more effectively support the changes we want to see.
- Convener: We will intentionally bring stakeholders together around critical issues affecting the health of the community.
- Research: We will engage our residents and community members to better understand the health-related needs, gaps, and assets that are and can be leveraged toward better health outcomes.
- Advocacy: We will increase our impact through public awareness campaigns, education about health issues, and by building a better public understanding of those issues and policies that affect the health of Greater High Point.
- Collaborator: We will strengthen relationships with communities and develop cross-sector connections with other foundations, government, businesses, education, and nonprofit leaders as we work to find solutions.
- Funder: Through our grantmaking, we will support innovative programs and initiatives which bring evidence-based solutions to address the root causes of poor health outcomes.
- Capacity Builder: We will continue to serve as a collaborative entity, building shared resources that strengthen the community and our funded partners’ ability to affect change.