** Updated: February 3, 2021
Guilford County Grant Program for Nonprofit Groups
- The Guilford County Board of Commissioners is partnering with United Way of Greater Greensboro and United Way of Greater High Point to develop the $2.5 million program for social service agencies combating food shortages, public health issues, and other needs of residents hardest hit by the pandemic.
- Information about eligibility and the application process are posted on the county website.
FEMA Funding Information
- The NC School of Government is providing resources for non-profits who are considering submitting eligible COVID-19 expenses to FEMA for reimbursement.
Locally-Administered FEMA Funding Opportunity for Health Service Organizations
- The Emergency Food and Shelter Program [fema.gov] (EFSP) National Board—chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) with representatives from a wide range of organizations including the American Red Cross, Catholic Charities, USA, and United Way Worldwide—has awarded $320 million of CARES Act and annually appropriated funding to qualifying local jurisdictions (counties and cities) across the country to support COVID-19 impacted communities through the provision of food, shelter and supportive services. A Local Board in each jurisdiction will award funding to eligible HSOs based on submitted applications.
- To apply, organizations must submit an application to the Local Board in their community, which can be found on the EFSP National Board “Funded Organization” search [efsp.unitedway.org] page.
Additional COVID-19 Resources for Non-Profits
NC Department of Health and Human Services Healthy Opportunities Pilots Suspension
- To support North Carolina health care and human service providers as they focus all available resources to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Health and Human Services has suspended the evaluation of the Healthy Opportunities Lead Pilot Entity proposals. Addressing the unmet resource needs of North Carolinians remains a key priority of the Department. This suspension is related only to the Healthy Opportunities Pilots and does not impact other Healthy Opportunities efforts, such as NCCARE360 rollout and the Community Health Worker initiative.
From the NC Center for Nonprofits: Non-Profit Organization Operations During COVID-19
- A joint survey commissioned by the NC Center for Non-profits, NC Secretary of State, and the Strategic Partnerships Office of the NC Office of State Budget and Management.
NC Center for Non-Profits Building Organizational Resilience Toolkit
The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center:
- The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center is offering pro bono legal consultation to non-profit organizations and small businesses regarding issues related to COVID-19. The program offers no-cost 45-minute consultations between an organization and an attorney.
Community Resources Identified by Resilience High Point
City of High Point COVID-19 Resources
Resources for Children and Families: Ready for School, Ready for Life
Guilford Nonprofit Consortium: COVID – 19 Resource Portal
Small Business Association-Disaster Assistance Loans
Nonprofit Finance Fund: COVID-19 Tools & Resources for Nonprofits
North Carolina Center for Nonprofits – Nonprofit Pandemic Resources
Webinars and Technology Resources
From the Center for Creative Leadership:New webinars to help you foster agility and flexibility
COVID-19 Legal Update: Video Conferencing Security Tips to Avoid Zoom-Bombing
Building Organizational Resiliency: Four-Part FREE Webinar Series from the NC Center for Nonprofits
Techsoup (technology resources for non-profits)
Webinar: Managing the Impact of COVID-19 on Non-profits
Blog: Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Blog: 8 Tips for Holding Virtual Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Self-Care Resources During COVID-19
NC Hope4Healers Hotline Information
From the Foundation for Health Leadership and Innovation-Center of Excellence for Integrated Care:
From the Family Justice Center
Centers for Disease Control: COVID-19 Stress and Coping
American Psychiatric Association Foundation/Center for Workplace Mental Health: Working Remotely During COVID-19
Child Mind Institute: Supporting Kids Through the COVID-19 Crisis
University of Washington: Protecting yourself during COVID-19 public health emergency
COVID-19 Community Resources
Updated Summary of COVID-19 Related Needs from N.C. Office of Strategic Partnerships
Foundation for Health Leadership and Innovation: COVID-19 Response
NCCARE360 is expediting its rollout process so that this resource is available statewide.
- Learn more about NCCARE360: Attend a virtual strategy session. RSVP here [nccare360.org].
- To join the network, you will need to complete one of the registration forms below:
- Partner Registration Form: If your organization provides services outside of COVID-19 priority areas or is operating at a reduced capacity complete the form here [cognitoforms.com].
- Rapid Response Registration Form: If your organization provides services in response to COVID-19 and is able to help clients at this time, you may onboard quickly via this form here [uniteus.com].
- Complete Software Training: Users are required to attend a software training to receive login credentials. Register yourself and your team for upcoming software training here [register.gotowebinar.com]
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
NC DHHS Letter to Behavioral Health Providers
American Red Cross
Centers for Disease Control
Treasury Releases EZ Version of the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- The U.S. Treasury and the Small Business Administration released an EZ version of the loan forgiveness applications for the Paycheck Protection Program that can be used by organizations meeting certain criteria. The Treasury and SBA also revised the full loan forgiveness application that implements the PPP Flexibility Act.
World Health Organization
NC Volunteer Center
The Volunteer Center-Triad
Greater High Point Food Alliance
CARES Act Information
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act CARES Act (Pub. L. 116-136)
From the Small Business Association: Paycheck Protection Program
To view archived COVID-19 resources please click here.
High Point, NC
City of High Point
High Point University
United Way of Greater High Point
High Point Regional Health
Guilford Non-Profit Consortium
Guilford County Department of Health
Foundation Investments in Palliative Care
Care Transitions: An Essential Part of the Delivery of Health Care
White Paper: Early Childhood Intervention & Teen Pregnancy Prevention
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen & Unplanned Pregnancy
The Positive Parenting Program “Triple P”
Other Helpful Links
North Carolina State Center for Health Statistics
North Carolina Institute of Medicine
North Carolina Center for Non-Profits
Public Support Test
Organizational Capacity Building
Application Related Documents
How to Create a New Online Grant Application Account
Online Grant Application Instructions and Helpful Tips