** Updated: September 10, 2020
The Foundation for a Healthy High Point
- In response to COVID-19, the Foundation established the Fluid Strategic Investment Fund, which is intended to provide one-time grants to non-profit organizations serving the Greater High Point area. For more information on the Fluid Strategic Investment Fund, please click here.
- 2020 deadlines for Fluid Strategic Grants:
Guilford County Grant Program for Nonprofit Groups
- The Guilford County Board of Commissioners is partnering with United Way of Greater Greensboro and United Way of Greater High Point to develop the $2.5 million program for social service agencies combating food shortages, public health issues, and other needs of residents hardest hit by the pandemic.
- Information about eligibility and the application process are posted on the county website.
FEMA Funding Information
- The NC School of Government is providing resources for non-profits who are considering submitting eligible COVID-19 expenses to FEMA for reimbursement.
Locally-Administered FEMA Funding Opportunity for Health Service Organizations
- The Emergency Food and Shelter Program [fema.gov] (EFSP) National Board—chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) with representatives from a wide range of organizations including the American Red Cross, Catholic Charities, USA, and United Way Worldwide—has awarded $320 million of CARES Act and annually appropriated funding to qualifying local jurisdictions (counties and cities) across the country to support COVID-19 impacted communities through the provision of food, shelter and supportive services. A Local Board in each jurisdiction will award funding to eligible HSOs based on submitted applications.
- To apply, organizations must submit an application to the Local Board in their community, which can be found on the EFSP National Board “Funded Organization” search [efsp.unitedway.org] page.
North Carolina Health Association: COVID-19 Fill the Gap Response Fund
Golden Leaf Foundation: NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loan Program
Additional COVID-19 Resources for Non-Profits
NC Department of Health and Human Services Healthy Opportunities Pilots Suspension
- To support North Carolina health care and human service providers as they focus all available resources to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Health and Human Services has suspended the evaluation of the Healthy Opportunities Lead Pilot Entity proposals. Addressing the unmet resource needs of North Carolinians remains a key priority of the Department. This suspension is related only to the Healthy Opportunities Pilots and does not impact other Healthy Opportunities efforts, such as NCCARE360 rollout and the Community Health Worker initiative.
From the NC Center for Nonprofits: Non-Profit Organization Operations During COVID-19
- A joint survey commissioned by the NC Center for Non-profits, NC Secretary of State, and the Strategic Partnerships Office of the NC Office of State Budget and Management.
NC Center for Non-Profits Building Organizational Resilience Toolkit
The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center:
- The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center is offering pro bono legal consultation to non-profit organizations and small businesses regarding issues related to COVID-19. The program offers no-cost 45-minute consultations between an organization and an attorney.
Community Resources Identified by Resilience High Point
City of High Point COVID-19 Resources
Resources for Children and Families: Ready for School, Ready for Life
Guilford Nonprofit Consortium: COVID – 19 Resource Portal
Small Business Association-Disaster Assistance Loans
United States Chamber of Commerce-Coronavirus Emergency Loans for Small Businesses (Guide and Checklist)
Nonprofit Finance Fund: COVID-19 Tools & Resources for Nonprofits
North Carolina Center for Nonprofits – Nonprofit Pandemic Resources
Webinars and Technology Resources
Robots Make Bad Fundraisers
- October 8, 2020: 8:30 am – 10:00 am
From the Center for Creative Leadership:New webinars to help you foster agility and flexibility
COVID-19 Legal Update: Video Conferencing Security Tips to Avoid Zoom-Bombing
Building Organizational Resiliency: Four-Part FREE Webinar Series from the NC Center for Nonprofits
Techsoup (technology resources for non-profits)
Webinar: Managing the Impact of COVID-19 on Non-profits
Blog: Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Blog: 8 Tips for Holding Virtual Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Self-Care Resources During COVID-19
NC Hope4Healers Hotline Information
From the Foundation for Health Leadership and Innovation-Center of Excellence for Integrated Care:
From the Family Justice Center
Centers for Disease Control: COVID-19 Stress and Coping
American Psychiatric Association Foundation/Center for Workplace Mental Health: Working Remotely During COVID-19
Child Mind Institute: Supporting Kids Through the COVID-19 Crisis
University of Washington: Protecting yourself during COVID-19 public health emergency
COVID-19 Community Resources
- The High Point Farmers Market
- Every Saturday from May 2 – October 31 from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm at the High Point Public Library (901 N. Main Street).
- The Farmer’s Market has fresh:
- Local beef, chicken, and eggs
- Fruits, vegetables
- GCCN Orange Card recipients can present their card and ID to receive $10 in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- SNAP Benefits are accepted (includes food stamps and EBT).
- Local Food Resources
- Guilford County School’s Nutrition Sites
- Guilford County School’s summer nutrition and the mobile meal sites have 63 locations across Guilford County.
- For additional information please visit the Greater High Point Food Alliance website or download the High Point Food Finder app.
Updated Summary of COVID-19 Related Needs from N.C. Office of Strategic Partnerships
Foundation for Health Leadership and Innovation: COVID-19 Response
NCCARE360 is expediting its rollout process so that this resource is available statewide.
- Learn more about NCCARE360: Attend a virtual strategy session. RSVP here [nccare360.org].
- To join the network, you will need to complete one of the registration forms below:
- Partner Registration Form: If your organization provides services outside of COVID-19 priority areas or is operating at a reduced capacity complete the form here [cognitoforms.com].
- Rapid Response Registration Form: If your organization provides services in response to COVID-19 and is able to help clients at this time, you may onboard quickly via this form here [uniteus.com].
- Complete Software Training: Users are required to attend a software training to receive login credentials. Register yourself and your team for upcoming software training here [register.gotowebinar.com]
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
NC DHHS Letter to Behavioral Health Providers
American Red Cross
Centers for Disease Control
Treasury Releases EZ Version of the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- The U.S. Treasury and the Small Business Administration released an EZ version of the loan forgiveness applications for the Paycheck Protection Program that can be used by organizations meeting certain criteria. The Treasury and SBA also revised the full loan forgiveness application that implements the PPP Flexibility Act.
World Health Organization
NC Volunteer Center
The Volunteer Center-Triad
Greater High Point Food Alliance
CARES Act Information
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act CARES Act (Pub. L. 116-136)
From the Small Business Association: Paycheck Protection Program
Archived COVID-19 Information
- The Foundation for a Healthy High Point
- Strategic Fluid Funding – In response to COVID-19, the Foundation for a Healthy High Point has established the Fluid Strategic Investment Program, which is intended to provide one-time grants to non-profit organizations serving the Greater High Point area to provide them with critical and flexible resources to weather, recover, and rebuild from the impact of COVID-19. For more information on the Fluid Strategic Investment Program, please click here.
- 2020 deadlines for Fluid Strategic Grants:
- 3rd Quarter – August 1
- 4th Quarter – October 1
- Traditional Grants – A Letter of Interest (LOI) process is utilized for traditional grant proposals. LOIs can be submitted at any time during the year using the Foundation’s online grants management system, but will be reviewed by the Foundation two times a year during the Spring and Fall cycles. After the LOI is reviewed, the Foundation will notify the organization on whether it will be invited to submit an application. For more information on the Traditional Grants Program, please click here.
- Fall 2020 Deadline: August 1, 2020
- Local, COVID-19 & Food Resources
- United Way “CANpaign” Food Drive
- United Way of Greater High Point is having their 2020 food drive to help restock local food pantries from September 14 – 18, 2020.
- Donations will benefit community members recovering from the impacts of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Drive Thru Community Testing
- Turner’s Chapel is hosting COVID-19 testing on Saturday, August 8, 2020 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Florence School Drive, High Point, NC 27265.
- Pre-registration August 1 – August 6
- All insurances accepted and there is no cost to those without insurance.
- COVID-19 Testing Drive-Thru and Food Pantry
- Stephen’s Metropolitan Zion AME Church is hosting COVID-19 testing drive-thru and food pantry on Saturday, June 13, 2020, from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm at Morehead Recreation Center (101 Price Street, High Point, NC, 27269).
- Free to those without insurance. If insured, bring your insurance card and the lab will bill your insurance company at no out of pocket cost to you.
- Webinars and Technology Resources
Additional COVID-19 Resources for Non-Profits
- COVID-19 Community Resources
- Date: Friday, June 26, 2020: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm (or until supplies last
- Location: GTCC Parking Lit, 901 S. Main Street, High Point, NC 27262
- Community Outreach with Iglesia Ni Cristo/Church of Christ
- High Point residents will have access to FREE groceries on Friday, May 29 from 12 pm – 2 pm, during a community outreach event in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The FREE food via a drive-thru Grocery Grab-N-Go event at 1934 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27265 is a show of support for the community throughout these unprecedented times. The first 500 residents to arrive will be able to obtain this help. The Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) in our city, and throughout other states like VA, GA, and AL will simultaneously hold events in support of community members, frontline workers, and all those who have been impacted by this pandemic. FREE groceries — like fruits, dry goods, and water — are items community members will receive as part of the INC Giving project by the Iglesia Ni Cristo. These are ongoing international activities of the Church that support communities by offering resources for the wellbeing of those in need and a global commitment to share our faith through acts of kindness. We do hope you’ll consider letting the residents know what is available to them and their families for FREE next Friday the 29th. Please let me know of any questions you may have, grateful for your support in advance. Thank you, Kristine Baldrias.
- Please contact Kristine Baldrias with any questions: Cell — 910-308-8185 | Email — Kristine.firstname.lastname@example.org
High Point, NC
City of High Point
High Point University
United Way of Greater High Point
High Point Regional Health
Guilford Non-Profit Consortium
Guilford County Department of Health
Foundation Investments in Palliative Care
Care Transitions: An Essential Part of the Delivery of Health Care
White Paper: Early Childhood Intervention & Teen Pregnancy Prevention
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen & Unplanned Pregnancy
The Positive Parenting Program “Triple P”
Other Helpful Links
North Carolina State Center for Health Statistics
North Carolina Institute of Medicine
North Carolina Center for Non-Profits
Public Support Test
Organizational Capacity Building
Application Related Documents
How to Create a New Online Grant Application Account
Online Grant Application Instructions and Helpful Tips