**NEW = Added as of May 26, 2020
**UPDATED = Updated link as of May 18, 2020
CARES Act Information
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act CARES Act (Pub. L. 116-136)
From the Small Business Association: Paycheck Protection Program
NEW The IRS is issuing Economic Impact Payments to every eligible American.
- Rural Forward NC has shared a grant opportunity for rural, grassroots organizations addressing both the new and exacerbated challenges their communities face due to COVID19. Grants of either $5,000 or $10,000 are offered to support the rapid response efforts. Learn more and apply: https://www.conservationfund.org/our-work/resourceful-communities/covid-19-resources. Questions? email@example.com
- The IRS is issuing Economic Impact Payments to every eligible American. We need your help to reach individuals who do not normally file because they do not have enough income that requires them to file. This includes the homeless, unbanked, certain seniors, and some limited English-proficient individuals who will need to provide information to the IRS to get their Economic Impact Payment. If possible, those individuals can use the IRS free online tool to sign up to get an Economic Impact Payment: www.irs.gov/nonfilereip
- Some individuals may not have internet capability, a bank account, or a permanent address. These citizens may need additional assistance claiming their Economic Impact Payment. Call 211 for assistance.
- Payments are Automatic for Many Federal Beneficiaries – SSA, SSI, RRB, and VA: For those receiving Social Security retirement, survivor or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs benefits who didn’t file a tax return in the last two years, no action is needed; they will automatically receive their $1,200 payment.
NEW Locally-Administered FEMA Funding Opportunity for Health Service Organizations
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program [fema.gov] (EFSP) National Board—chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) with representatives from a wide range of organizations including the American Red Cross, Catholic Charities, USA, and United Way Worldwide—has awarded $320 million of CARES Act and annually appropriated funding to qualifying local jurisdictions (counties and cities) across the country to support COVID-19 impacted communities through the provision of food, shelter and supportive services. A Local Board in each jurisdiction will award funding to eligible HSOs based on submitted applications.
- To apply, organizations must submit an application to the Local Board in their community, which can be found on the EFSP National Board “Funded Organization” search [efsp.unitedway.org] page. North Carolina jurisdictions received $5.7 million total. To review how much funding each Local Board in North Carolina received, see these EFSP allocations [efsp.unitedway.org].
- Application deadlines will vary, but likely occur in the next 1-2 weeks, as Local Boards must submit information about the applications they received to the National Board by 5/29/20.
- Through this opportunity, organizations may receive funds to provide food, shelter and supportive services, including but not limited to:
- Food services, such as congregate meals or groceries
- Lodging in a mass shelter, or in a hotel/motel or other off-site shelter facility limited to 30-days assistance per individual or household
- One month rent or mortgage assistance to prevent eviction or foreclosure
- Utility assistance for one month of service for gas, electric, and water service
- Supplies, including but not limited to cleaning supplies, and small equipment essential to feed or shelter people, not exceeding $300 per item
- Administrative funding, if approved by the Local Board, to offset costs to administer the program.
North Carolina Health Association: COVID-19 Fill the Gap Response Fund
Golden Leaf Foundation: NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loan Program
Additional COVID-19 Resources for Non-Profits
NEW The Piedmont Triad Regional Council is offering face coverings for non-profits.
- Please fill out the table below and email your completed form to Yolanda Davenport, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12:00 pm on May 27, 2020.
- FACE COVERINGS FOR NON-PROFITS
|First and Last Name
|City, State, Zip
NEW From the NC Center for Nonprofits: Non-Profit Organization Operations During COVID-19
- A joint survey commissioned by the NC Center for Non-profits, NC Secretary of State, and the Strategic Partnerships Office of the NC Office of State Budget and Management.
NEW NC Center for Non-Profits Building Organizational Resilience Toolkit
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Program
- This program will provide extra assistance for families whose children normally receive free and reduced lunch at school to purchase groceries.
From The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center:
- The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center is offering pro bono legal consultation to non-profit organizations and small businesses regarding issues related to COVID-19. The program offers no-cost 45 minute consultations between an organization and an attorney.
Community Resources Identified by Resilience High Point
City of High Point COVID-19 Resources
Resources for Children and Families: Ready for School, Ready for Life
Guilford Nonprofit Consortium: COVID – 19 Resource Portal
Small Business Association-Disaster Assistance Loans
United States Chamber of Commerce-Coronavirus Emergency Loans for Small Businesses (Guide and Checklist)
Nonprofit Finance Fund: COVID-19 Tools & Resources for Nonprofits
North Carolina Center for Nonprofits – Nonprofit Pandemic Resources
Webinars and Technology Resources
Webinar: Legal Obligations in the Worksplace
From the Center for Creative Leadership: New webinars to help you foster agility and flexibility
COVID-19 Legal Update: Video Conferencing Security Tips to Avoid Zoom-Bombing
Building Organizational Resiliency: Four-Part FREE Webinar Series from the NC Center for Nonprofits
Techsoup (technology resources for Non-profits)
Webinar: Managing the Impact of COVID-19 on Non-profits
Webinar: Keeping Your Nonprofit’s Systems Secure While Working Remotely
Blog: Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Blog: 8 Tips for Holding Virtual Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Self-Care Resources During COVID-19
NC Hope4Healers Hotline Information
From the Foundation for Health Leadership and Innovation-Center of Excellence for Integrated Care:
From the Family Justice Center
Centers for Disease Control: COVID-19 Stress and Coping
American Psychiatric Association Foundation/Center for Workplace Mental Health: Working Remotely During COVID-19
Child Mind Institute: Supporting Kids Through the COVID-19 Crisis
University of Washington: Protecting yourself during COVID-19 public health emergency
COVID-19 Community Resources
NEW Community Outreach with Iglesia Ni Cristo/Church of Christ
- High Point residents will have access to FREE groceries on Friday, May 29 from 12 pm – 2 pm, during a community outreach event in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The FREE food via a drive-thru Grocery Grab-N-Go event at 1934 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27265 is a show of support for the community throughout these unprecedented times. The first 500 residents to arrive will be able to obtain this help.The Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) in our city, and throughout other states like VA, GA, and AL will simultaneously hold events in support of community members, frontline workers, and all those who have been impacted by this pandemic. FREE groceries — like fruits, dry goods, and water — are items community members will receive as part of the INC Giving project by the Iglesia Ni Cristo. These are ongoing international activities of the Church that support communities by offering resources for the wellbeing of those in need and a global commitment to share our faith through acts of kindness. We do hope you’ll consider letting the residents know what is available to them and their families for FREE next Friday the 29th. Please let me know of any questions you may have, grateful for your support in advance. Thank you, Kristine Baldrias
- Please contact Kristine Baldrias with any questions: Cell — 910-308-8185 | Email — Kristine.email@example.com
High Point Chamber of Commerce
City of High Point-COVID-19 Information
Local Food Resources
Family Justice Center
NEW Foundation for Health Leadership and Innovation: COVID-19 Response
NCCARE360 is expediting its rollout process so that this resource is available statewide.
- Learn more about NCCARE360: Attend a virtual strategy session. RSVP here [nccare360.org].
- To join the network, you will need to complete one of the registration forms below:
- Partner Registration Form: If your organization provides services outside of COVID-19 priority areas or is operating at a reduced capacity complete the form here [cognitoforms.com].
- Rapid Response Registration Form: If your organization provides services in response to COVID-19 and is able to help clients at this time, you may onboard quickly via this form here [uniteus.com].
- Complete Software Training: Users are required to attend a software training to receive login credentials. Register yourself and your team for upcoming software training here [register.gotowebinar.com]
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
NC DHHS Letter to Behavioral Health Providers
American Red Cross
Centers for Disease Control
World Health Organization
NC Volunteer Center
The Volunteer Center-Triad
Greater High Point Food Alliance
Archived COVID-19 Information
- Webinars and Technology Resources
- From Root Cause:
- Planning Through Crisis Webinar Series presented by the Nonprofit Partnership
- Additional COVID-19 Resources for Non-Profits
High Point, NC
City of High Point
High Point University
United Way of Greater High Point
High Point Regional Health
Guilford Non-Profit Consortium
Guilford County Department of Health
Foundation Investments in Palliative Care
Care Transitions: An Essential Part of the Delivery of Health Care
White Paper: Early Childhood Intervention & Teen Pregnancy Prevention
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen & Unplanned Pregnancy
The Positive Parenting Program “Triple P”
Other Helpful Links
North Carolina State Center for Health Statistics
North Carolina Institute of Medicine
North Carolina Center for Non-Profits
Public Support Test
Organizational Capacity Building
Application Related Documents
How to Create a New Online Grant Application Account
Online Grant Application Instructions and Helpful Tips